Advice and Support Services
A number of services provide advice and support for mental and physical wellbeing, drug advice, gambling, drink awareness, sexual health and more.
YC Hertfordshire Services for Young People
YC Hertfordshire Services for Young People enables young people to succeed by providing youth work projects, information, advice, guidance, work related learning and wider support.
Six Hills Way
Judith Sutton, Laura Butcher and Claire Feenan can be contacted at email@example.com.
Stevenage Family Centres
Family centres provide support for families with children 0-11 with a range of services and groups including midwife appointments, activities, parenting and behaviour support and one to one support where needed.
Shephall Family Centre
5 The Hyde
For more information please email Stevenage.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are aged 13-17 and suffer with low mood/depression, join the READY Trial. The READY Trial will involve around 80 young people to see if physical activity can help reduce the symptoms of depression.
For more information, please email the Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust R&D Department, READYTRIAL@HERTS.AC.UK.
Alternatively, you can contact our hub coordinator for more information, email@example.com.
Sources of support
Children, teens and young adults experience mental health issues along with other personal challenges.
There are many organisations that provide information, support, advice and an ear.
- Live Well - helping you to make the right decisions about your health and wellbeing.
- The Mix - support relating to sex, relationships, drugs, mental health, money and jobs for under 25s.
- Chathealth - confidential advice from professionals by text message.
- Healthy Young Mind in Herts - emotional health and wellbeing support for children and young people.
- Health for Teens - anxiety, relationships, health, lifestyle and sexual health advice for teens.
- Talk to Frank - information about drugs.
- Drink Aware - support for anyone who feels alcohol is having a negative impact on their life.
- Just Talk Herts - encouraging you to talk about mental health.
- GamCare - support for anyone who has a gambling problem.
- Change Grow Live - Support for young people and their families who are experiencing problems with drinking or drugs.
- Citizens Advice Service - A range of support on issues from gambling debt advice and child abuse.
- Herts Young Homeless - Providing support on preventing homelessness.