About the Healthy Hub
What is the Young People's Healthy Hub?
The aim of the Young People’s Healthy Hub is to set up and establish a central point of access and associated outreach intervention for young people aged 11 – 16 years old who need preventative support with their mental, emotional, and physical or lifestyle related health needs.
The Hertfordshire Healthy Hub is funded by the Public Health District Partnership and aims to deliver a Healthy Hub in every District and Borough of Hertfordshire, including a Young People’s Healthy Hub in Stevenage.
Prevention and encouraging people to be more proactive about their health and wellbeing is central to the vision of the Healthy Stevenage Strategy 2018-2022, A Healthier Future: STP for Herts & West Essex (2016-2021) and the NHS Five Year Forward View.
What are the objectives of the Young People's Healthy Hub?
The objectives of the Young People’s Healthy Hub have been set against the current health profile:
- To engage and improve the physical activity levels of 100 young people.
- To reduce the weight of 100 young people.
- To engage and improve the mental health scores of 100 young people.
- To improve the ability and confidence of 100 young people relating to cooking and healthy eating.
- To signpost or refer 150 young people to appropriate services, advice, information or guidance.
- To engage 20 young people in gaining leadership skills/qualification in sports / play / health and well being, incl. volunteering opportunities.
- To engage and improve the understanding of 40 young people in Mental Health Training.
- To engage 100 children and families through ‘Life Skills’ programmes.
- To engage 5 young people to ‘co-design a Young People’s Healthy Hub app’ for project sustainability.
- To attract a total number of 50 visits to the website each month.
- To engage 5 young people from the ‘Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) community to become ambassadors’.
Meet the team
Your Young People's Healthy Hub team are here to help.
- Emily Clark, Young People’s Healthy Hub Co-ordinator
- Candice Bryan, Health & Sport Strategy Manager
- Ryan Ansell, Community Development Officer
- Diane Wenham, Wellbeing Services Manager
Become a sponsor
There’s nothing more important to us than achieving our health and well being ambitions for young people aged 11-16 years old living in Stevenage.
The Young People’s Healthy Hub is looking for influential partners to help sustain the project beyond the two year allocated funding grant. We’re particularly keen to hear from companies in the STEM or Digital Technology space.
If your company is interested in serving as an official sponsor, we’d like to hear from you so please contact us.