Health & Wellbeing Programme Officer
"The Heart of a Town Lies in its People" and at Stevenage Borough Council our people are at the heart of what we do.
|Location||Daneshill House, Danestrete, Stevenage|
|Hours per week||37|
|Salary||Starting from £30,451 to £33,782 (pro rata for hours worked)|
|Full / Part time||Full time|
|Contract||Fixed term to 31 March 2022|
The Heart of a Town Lies in its People” and at Stevenage Borough Council our people are at the heart of what we do.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Specialist Support Services team to launch and manage the Health & Well-being programme delivered to our older residents in our Independent Living and Flexicare accommodation. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about the health and well-being of older people with a particular focus on dementia and tackling loneliness.
The post holder will be responsible for successful delivery of a programme of health and well-being events, linking in with various Health and Well-being strategies. The post holder must be able to build strong working relationships with professionals and residents to effectively promote the programme ensuring it has a high profile.
The successful candidate will have:
- excellent communication skills at all levels
- ability to engage with a large group of people
- experience of networking and relationship building
- marketing and promotion skills and experience
- a flexible outlook and attitude to working in a customer focused team.
- good knowledge and understanding of services for older and/or disabled people
- a dynamic, enthusiastic, pro-active and creative approach
- experience of applying for funding and managing performance information
- good organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- be able to work on your own initiative and have excellent attention to detail.
- excellent computer skills (competent in using Microsoft Office IT packages including Excel)
The council provides a great range of benefits for its staff, including –
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- Generous leave entitlement
See our Employee Benefits page for more information.
This position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and Value Based Interview.
Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification
We are unable to accept CV’s. Please quote the correct reference no. when applying 009273
Download the Job Description and Person Specification.
Please also read the guidance notes on completing the application form before proceeding with your application.
Applications must be returned by midnight on Sunday 1 November
Please note: If we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Kelly Holland on 242037 or Karen Long on 01438 242078
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for all.
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board.
Stevenage Borough Council