Finance Manager (Business Partner)
"Making Stevenage better for everyone"
|Hours per week||37 hours per week|
|Salary||Starting from £51,501 to £57,000 (pro rata for hours worked). Plus market forces supplement|
|Full / Part time||Full-time|
|Closing date||31 January 2021|
|Interview dates||8 February 2021|
Stevenage - A New Era
The scale of ambition across Britain’s First New Town is unprecedented. A major £billion town centre regeneration programme is currently underway along with a £45 million refurbishment of council homes. At the same time there is significant investment across the town’s neighbourhoods to make lives better. All of this is being driven by a council with a co-operative commitment to working with its communities and driving a modern and agile approach to its work.
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a profound effect on Stevenage, as it has across towns and cities across the UK. As the town embarks on its recovery plan it does so attempting to ensure that no-one is left behind. The council has recently agreed an Inclusive Economy Charter and has also announced an Equalities Commission. The aim of both of these is to tackle issues of social exclusion and to ensure opportunities are created for everyone across the town. The local voluntary sector has also come together to work to secure resources to tackle the challenges ahead.
The next 12 months will be critical to the town’s recovery.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner Manager to join and lead part of our Accountancy team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to manage a team of highly motivated professionals to give financial support and guidance to our business units and deliver a high quality service to the Council. In addition, the role will be personally responsible in being the finance lead for our Regeneration Team. Our top priority is to help build the Stevenage of tomorrow.
Working closely with the Assistant Director of Finance and Estates and Senior Officers, you will help promote financial sustainability across the Council through effective leadership and partnership working to optimise key opportunities across the borough.
To be successful you will need to be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA) with strong relationship building skills, the ability to lead and motivate a team utilising excellent communication skills. You will need to work collaboratively with internal and external stake holders. Experience in Local Government is preferable but not essential.
The ambition of the Council makes Stevenage a rewarding place to work, providing the opportunity to develop new skills and broaden you work experience.
- We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
- Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- 24 days holiday rising to 30 days (depending on Local Government service)
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans.
- Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
- Discounted Health and Fitness membership at Stevenage Leisure Ltd (SLL)
- Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
We care passionately about our town and are committed to making a real difference now and into the future.
Our approach is driven by Our Values. These guide and inform everything we do; delivering our services, making Stevenage a great place to live, working with our partners, and ensuring SBC is an inspiring place for our staff to work.
Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification
We are unable to accept CV’s. Please quote the correct reference no. when applying 004766.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification.
Please also read the guidance notes on completing the application form before proceeding with your application.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Nick Penny 07908 217660.
Please note that vacancies may close prior to the advertised closing date in certain circumstances. Please ensure that you make your application as soon as possible.
All correspondence relating to vacancies will be via the e-mail address you have provided on your application form. Some servers automatically send e-mails to your junk mail so please check as well as your inbox.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for all.
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board.
Stevenage Borough Council