"Making Stevenage better for everyone"
|Hours per week||22.2|
|Salary||Starting from £42,821 to £44,863 (pro rata for hours worked)|
|Full / Part time||Part time (3 days per week)|
|Contract||12 month fixed term|
|Closing date||5pm on Wednesday 19 May 2021|
|Interview dates||Thursday 27 May 2021|
Stevenage - A New Era
The scale of ambition across Britain’s First New Town is unprecedented. A major £billion town centre regeneration programme is currently underway along with a £45 million refurbishment of council homes. At the same time there is significant investment across the town’s neighbourhoods to make lives better. All of this is being driven by a council with a co-operative commitment to working with its communities and driving a modern and agile approach to its work.
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a profound effect on Stevenage, as it has across towns and cities across the UK. As the town embarks on its recovery plan it does so attempting to ensure that no-one is left behind. The council has recently agreed an Inclusive Economy Charter and has also announced an Equalities Commission. The aim of both of these is to tackle issues of social exclusion and to ensure opportunities are created for everyone across the town. The local voluntary sector has also come together to work to secure resources to tackle the challenges ahead.
The next 12 months will be critical to the town’s recovery.
About the role
Are you an experienced and creative Campaigns Manager looking for your next role? Whether you want to diversify your communications/marketing career, make your mark in local government or take a new road from journalism or other creative roles, a Campaign Manager role at this award-winning council could be for you.
We are proud of the work that happens every day to help people. We play a part in this in the Communications and Marketing Team and our audiences (particularly our residents) like to feel informed. If you are a storyteller, this is the role for you.
You will support the delivery of the corporate communications, engagement and marketing strategies to contribute to the management and enhancement of the council’s reputation and the profile in the town. You will be proactively managing campaigns ensuring alignment with organisational objectives.
We are looking for someone who can understand strategic priorities and be prepared to think on your feet and bring the solutions. The role will involve working alongside a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in the public and private sector.
We accept applications from a diverse base of working backgrounds, but to make the team’s work pop this year, great applications will tell us that you have:
- at least three years’ experience in a communications / marketing / PR / creative environment
- a high grade of written English
- experience of relationship management with senior leaders
- track record of delivering successful internal and external communications, marketing and digital campaigns
- proven ability to work across multi channels, and produce high quality content under deadline
All you need to do now is apply, or share this with someone you know would love this opportunity, and get back to being awesome.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Pension Scheme: we offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
- Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- 24 days holiday rising to 30 days (depending on Local Government service)
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans.
- Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
- Discounted Health and Fitness membership at Stevenage Leisure Ltd (SLL)
- Trade Unions: for a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
We care passionately about our town and are committed to making a real difference now and into the future.
Our approach is driven by Our Values. These guide and inform everything we do; delivering our services, making Stevenage a great place to live, working with our partners, and ensuring SBC is an inspiring place for our staff to work.
Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification
We are unable to accept CV’s. Please quote the correct reference no. when applying TBC.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification.
Please also read the guidance notes on completing the application form before proceeding with your application.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that vacancies may close prior to the advertised closing date in certain circumstances. Please ensure that you make your application as soon as possible.
All correspondence relating to vacancies will be via the e-mail address you have provided on your application form. Some servers automatically send emails to your junk mail so please check as well as your inbox.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for all.
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board.
Stevenage Borough Council