Our Flexicare scheme at Silkin Court is made up of groups of flats and bungalows, some of which have two bedrooms.
The main block has a shared lounge that is the centre of this friendly scheme.
There are additional facilities as well as those in your own property:
- Door entry system for added security
- Guest rooms for when your friends and family come to stay
- Specially adapted, communal bath and shower rooms
- Laundry room
- Communal kitchen
- Games room with a pool table and a dart board
- Shared computer and printer
- Communal gardens, part of which are maintained by the residents' gardening club
- Luncheon club, seven days a week
- Regular social activities including cinema afternoons, reminiscence sessions, arts and crafts and bingo.
The Short Stay unit
At Silkin Court we have a short stay unit. You can come and stay to see if you like living in Flexicare before you make the decision to move. There is a small daily charge for this, please contact us for further information.
As part of our assessment process we may recommend that you come to the short stay unit to make sure that we can meet your needs.
Independent Living Team / Specialist Support Services
Stevenage Borough Council