Funding available for insulation and boiler upgrades
You may be able to receive funding towards heating system upgrades and insulation installs if you meet certain eligibility criteria.
Improve the energy efficiency of your home to keep warm and save money on your energy bills.
Measures in the scheme are fully funded in some cases by the Government’s Energy Company Obligation (ECO) Scheme.
The following measures are available for eligible customers:
- Boiler replacements
- First time central heating systems
- Loft insulation
- Cavity wall insulation
- Under floor insulation
- Room in roof insulation
- External wall insulation
We are working with Community Interest Company YES Energy Solutions who will help you find out if you are eligible for funding.
Installs will be completed by YES Energy Solutions’ industry accredited contractors.
Safety is our main priority and the scheme is following the latest government guidelines in regards to Coronavirus safety. YES Energy Solutions’ friendly customer advisors can explain the procedures in place to ensure safety of residents and installers.
Are you eligible for funding?
If you are a Stevenage resident, you could be eligible for funding towards home energy efficiency improvements if:
1. You receive one or more of the following benefits:
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
Child Benefit with a household income below the relevant threshold:
|Number of Children||Single Claimant||Member of a couple|
2. Or, meet the following additional criteria set out by Stevenage Borough Council
- Low Income
- Gross household disposable income (after rent or mortgage has been paid) £20,000 or less
- High energy costs
Property with at least one of :
- 100mm or less loft insulation
- Unfilled cavity walls
- Uninsulated non cavity walls
- No working central heating
- EPC rating of D or below
At least one of the following:
(a) Aged over 65
(b) Children under 5
(c) Pregnant women
(d) A health condition made worse by the cold (eg. Heart disease, asthma, cancer)
(e) People with substance addictions
(f) People who have attended hospital due to a fall in the last year
(g) People diagnosed with dementia
(h) Recent immigrants or asylum seekers
(i) In receipt of long term health or disability benefit
How to contact YES Energy Solutions
If you think that you may be eligible for funding contact YES Energy Solutions by calling 01422 880100 (office hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday), or visit the YES Energy Solutions website.