What repairs am I responsible for?
Certain repairs required to your property are your responsibility.
- Repairing any fittings that they have installed e.g. shelves or radiator coverings.
- Replacing keys when lost or when locked out.
- Fitting additional locks.
- Replacing or re-fixing garden gate latches, hasp and staples, padlocks, house numbers and store room numbers.
- Renewing or re-fixing draft excluders.
- Tightening and adjusting hinges and catches on internal doors and cupboards.
- Repairing or replacing minor fixtures.
- Replacing broken or cracked glass (potential rechargeable item).
- Repairing or replacing internal doors and frames (potential rechargeable item).
- Repairing or replacing door furniture including handles, letterboxes and door bells (potential rechargeable item).
- Resetting trip switches and replacing light bulbs, pull cords, fluorescent tubes and starters.
- Attempting to clear blockages in wastes, gullies or toilets.
- Renewal of a bath, sink or basin plugs, chains and WC seats (potential rechargeable item).
- Cleaning out shower heads.
- Taking action to prevent and manage condensation.
- Repairing minor cracks or holes in walls and ceilings.
- Replacing dustbins.
- Replacing clothes posts, lines or rotary dryers.
- Repair/replacing floor coverings installed by tenants i.e. carpets, vinyl, ceramic tiles, laminate flooring.