Communal Heating Programme
Works to communal heating systems
We are carrying out the replacement and renewal of communal heating systems at 15 sheltered housing schemes across Stevenage.
The following schemes have already been completed:
- Grosvenor Court
- Hellards Court
- Ingleheim Court
- Pitt Court
- Scarborough Centre
- Shaftesbury Court
- Southend Community Centre
- Wellfield Court
We are due to carry out these works to the following schemes:
- Truro Court
- Gladstone Court
- Highfield Court
- Norman Court
- Silkin Court
- Fred Millard Court
What type of work will be done?
The works to each heating system may include the following:
- Set up a temporary plant room.
- Strip out, removal and disposal of existing plant room systems and remove all redundant plant, pipework and electrical containment.
- Installation of pipework, boiler, water heater and air source heat pump.
- Modification/extension of existing cold and hot water supplies.
- Modification and installation of new heating plant (and distribution where specified).
- All builders work requirements.
- All making good – ceiling and lighting.
- Balancing, testing and commissioning of all services installed.
- Installation of Building Management Systems.
When will work begin on my scheme?
You will be contacted before any work is due to start. A resident’s consultation meeting will be held to discuss the start date and scope of work, project elements, introduce our contractor staff, discuss existing communal heating challenges within the building and provide guidance regarding how residents walk during working hours.
The next communal heating works will take place at Truro Court and are scheduled to start on the 2nd November 2020. Further updates will be provided to all residents in due course.
Who will be doing the work?
The contractor carrying out the communal heating works is Mulalley & Co. Their staff are required to carry full face photo ID. Please check all operative’s ID before letting them into your home. All day to day communication between yourselves and Mulalley & Co will be managed by a Resident Liaison Officer. If you have any doubts about the identity of the person on site, please call our Customer Services Centre on 01438 242666.
Working closely with our contractors, we have reviewed government guidance and assessed all site activities to address the changes that need to be made.
Operatives carrying out work will adhere to the government’s ‘Working Safely during Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance’ to ensure any such work may be carried out safely. If certain work cannot be undertaken safely due to a lack of suitably qualified personnel being available, or social distancing being implemented, it will not take place.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, you can contact the Investment Team by email, Investment@stevenage.gov.uk or call our Customer Services Centre on 01438 242666.