Garages Refurbishment Programme
We started a £10 million programme to refurbish Council owned garage blocks across the town in November 2018.
Work varies from block to block, and depends on a detailed survey of each block. The main elements that may be included in the work include:
- garage doors
- structural repairs and alterations
- external redecoration
- door numbering
- block signage
- concrete hard standings
The schedule for the refurbishment work could change.
- Garage blocks that are more than 40% vacant
- Bandley Hill, Shephall and Symonds Green
- Bedwell, Manor and Chells
- Martins Wood, Pin Green, St Nicholas and Woodfield
- Roebuck, Longmeadow and Old Town
These before and after images show the kind of work that is being completed.
The improvements are being delivered by two contractors; Wates Living Space and Mulalley & Co. All contractor staff carry full face photo identification and all appointments are made by prior arrangement. Please ask to see identification before letting anyone into your property or garage or before you hand over any keys. If you have any doubts about the identity of the person, please call our Garages team on 01438 242012.