Skip to content
Free meals for school children during half term

The council will be giving out free meals to children during the October half term (26 - 30 October)

Find out more

Your information and how it is used

We will use the information you give on these forms, and in any supporting evidence you send us, to process and calculate your council tax. We will normally keep your records for up to seven financial years, and then they will be destroyed securely.

We may pass the information to other agencies or organisations such as the HM Revenues and Customs, as allowed by law.

We may check information you have provided, or information about you that someone else has provided, with other information we hold.

We may also get information about you from certain third parties, or give them information to:

  • make sure the information is accurate;
  • prevent or detect crime; and
  • Protect public funds.

These third parties include government departments, local authorities and private sector companies such as banks and organisations that may lend you money.

We will not give information about you to anyone else, or use information about you for other purposes, unless the law allows us to.

The Council is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act. If you want to know more about what information we have about you, or the way we use it, please ask us.

Council Tax Direct Debit

Set up a Direct Debit to pay your Council Tax by Monthly instalments.

Set up a Direct Debit online - opens new window

Council Tax Support

Apply for a reduction in your Council Tax.

Apply for Council Tax Support - opens new window

Change of address

Notify us if you are moving to or from a property within our area.

Tell us about a change of address - opens new window

Reduction due to a disability

You may be able to get your bill reduced if your home has certain features which are essential, or of major importance, to the well-being of a person with a disability, whether an adult or child, who is resident in the dwelling.

Claim for Disability Reduction - opens new window

Single Person discount

If you're the only person aged 18 years or older living at a property, you can apply for a 25% discount on your Council Tax bill.

Apply for Single Person discount - opens new window

Attachment of Earnings

Council Tax General Enquiries

East Herts and Stevenage Borough Council
Pegs Lane
SG13 8EQ

01438 242875

© 2020 Stevenage Borough Council