Student Exemption and Discount Review
We are carrying out a review of Council Tax discounts currently in place across Stevenage. If you've received a request for information about your student exemption please complete our review form using the link below.
A student certificate for each academic year must be uploaded in respect of each student.
For the purpose of a Council Tax discount / exemption a student is defined as a person who is undertaking a:
Full-time course of education:
- that continues for at least one academic year
- requires attendance for at least 24 weeks in each year; and
- requires study, tuition or work experience for an average of 21 hours per week.
Or a qualifying course of education:
- Person must be aged under 20 years.
- The course must continue for at least 3 calendar months.
- Exceeds 12 hours per week on relevant activities.
- Does not include evening classes or correspondence courses.