Executive Portfolio Holders
The 8 Members of the Executive include the Leader of the Council and the Deputy Leader. There are also 6 further Executive Members with responsibility for other portfolio areas, as set out below.
The Executive makes decisions on all Key Decisions. (See our Constitution for a definition of a Key Decision and more detail on the Executive).
- Councillor Richard Henry - Leader of the Council, and Regeneration, Communications and Strategic Partnerships
- Councillor Jeannette Thomas - Deputy Leader, and Housing and Housing Development
- Councillor Mrs Joan Lloyd - Resources and Transformation
- Councillor Simon Speller - Environment and Performance
- Councillor Lloyd Briscoe - Economy and Transport
- Councillor Jackie Hollywell - Community Safety and Equalities
- Councillor Sandra Barr - Co-operative Council and Neighbourhood Councils
- Councillor Loraine Rossati – Culture, Leisure and Information Technology
With the Leader holding specific responsibility for Modernisation of Local Government – new political structures and the Constitution, Media and Communications, Public Consultations, Partnerships, Town Twinning, and Members’ Services including the Modern Member Programme and the Civic Suite.
For a more detailed breakdown of the areas covered by each portfolio, please see the Executive Positions 2023 - 24 document below.
Stevenage Borough Council