Working Safely During Coronavirus
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy published new guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic. The steps for businesses to take are focused on 5 key points, which should be implemented as soon as it is practical:
- Work from home, if you can;
- In consultation with workers or trade unions, carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment;
- Wherever possible, maintain 2 metres social distancing;
- Manage transmission risk where people cannot be 2 metres apart; and
- Reinforce cleaning processes.
These steps are accompanied by guidance on specific types of workplace, and apply to businesses which are currently open. Further guidance for other sectors that are not currently open will be developed and published ahead of those establishments opening to give those businesses time to plan.
Guidance on working safely during coronavirus is available at GOV.UK.