Skip to content

The EU Settlement Scheme

If you are an EU citizen living in the UK, or a UK national living in the EU, please take a look the government guidance for details on how to prepare.

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family will be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

If your application is successful, you’ll get either settled or pre-settled status. The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. You may be able to stay in the UK without applying, for example, if you’re an Irish citizen or have indefinite leave to remain.

If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, you will need to be living in the UK by 12 April 2019 to apply. The deadline for applying will be 31 December 2020.

GOV.UK provides more information on the implications of a No Deal.

You can apply for the Home Office EU citizen settled status scheme which is now open.

If you are supporting an EU citizen to apply and stay in the UK, you can use the EU Settlement Scheme: Community Groups Toolkit

Travelling abroad after Brexit

The government has issued travel advice to those who will be visiting Europe after Brexit. If you know which country you will be visiting, seek foreign travel advice