Customs Grant Scheme
£50m is now available from HMRC to support organisations with costs associated with increasing their capacity and enhancing their ability to complete customs declarations, ahead of the new rules from January 2021.
Businesses can apply for 3 grants to help their business complete customs declarations.
Funding is available for:
- training that helps your business to complete customs declarations and processes;
- hiring new staff to help your business complete customs declarations; and
- IT improvements to help your business complete customs declarations more efficiently.
- have been established in the UK for at least 12 months before the submission of your application and when the grant is paid; and
- not have previously failed to meet tax obligations.
Organisations eligible for the Customs Grant Scheme include traders and customs intermediaries (such as customs brokers, fast parcel operators and freight forwarders) who make or intend to make customs declarations for their own goods or on behalf of others. Organisations which recruit, train and place apprentices into customs intermediaries or other organisations which undertake customs declarations activity are also eligible to apply.