We will strive to:
- demonstrate our commitment to equality in all aspects of employment including recruitment, retention, career development, training, promotion and well-being.
- take positive action with a view to ensuring that our workforce at all levels reflects the community it serves.
- inform all employees of this policy and of their rights to protection from discrimination, harassment or victimisation.
- continue to review our recruitment, selection, promotion and other human resources practices to make sure that they positively respond to the demands of the Equal Opportunities policy.
- create a supportive working environment where all employees work free from discrimination and harassment.
- treat failure to comply with this commitment as a disciplinary offence.
Disability Guarantee Scheme
As a member of the Disability Guarantee Scheme, we have committed to:
- interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities.
- ensuring there is a mechanism in place to discuss what we and the individual can do to make sure they can develop and use their abilities.
- making every effort when employees become disabled to ensuring they stay in employment.
- taking action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make your commitments work.
- annually review each of the above commitments and what has been achieved, to plan ways to improve on them.