Depending on the problem or enquiry you have about pavement and pathway maintenance, it may be Stevenage Borough Council, Hertfordshire County Council, or the Police that can help you.
Issues to report to Stevenage Borough Council
Please report the following to Engineering Services (contact details on the right):
- private hedge/tree overhanging footpath
- obstruction such as:
- advertising A-boards
- a skip or scaffolding is obstructing the pavement
- building work is affecting pedestrian safety
- building materials are blocking the pavement an advertising board is blocking the pavement
- banners or bunting is causing an obstruction
- obstruction caused by vehicles where there is also a waiting restriction on the adjacent roadway, e.g. yellow lines (if no restrictions, then see Police below).
Please see these individual pages for the appropriate part of the Council to contact:
Issues to report to Hertfordshire County Council
- dangerous paving
- damaged footpath
- damaged carriageway
- highway signs (not including street name plates)
- public utility trench works, for example BT, Nynex, SEC etc, including those without proper barriers
- winter gritting
0300 123 4047
Issues to report to the Police
Vehicles parked on pavements causing an obstruction should be reported to the Police. The exception to this is where there is also a waiting restriction (e.g. yellow lines) on the adjacent roadway, in which case the nuisance should be reported to Stevenage Borough Council (see above)
Non-Emergency number: 101 or 01707 354000 (in emergency always call 999).