Street trading and collections

Licences are required for trading or collections that take place in the street.

  • Street trading licence
    If you trade in the street you may need to apply to us for street trading consent.
  • Illegal street trading
    Monitoring and regulation of street traders to ensure that trading is only taking place with consent from the Council. Dealing with reported instances of unlicensed street trading.
  • Street collection licence
    To collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes in England or Wales, you require a street collection licence from your local council.
  • House to house collection licence
    Permission must be granted by the Council to collect cash for charities before a house-to-house collection can take place.