Report Anti-Social Behaviour

What to do if you witness anti-social behaviour

For serious incidents, such as those involving violence, threats of violence, abuse or illegal activities, please first contact the Police. Make sure you get a crime log number, as this will allow you to claim on your insurance and will help us carry out any repairs.

For minor incidents you may wish to consider first talking to the person causing the nuisance. They may not be aware they are causing a problem.

If the situation cannot be resolved by talking to the person responsible you can report an instance of anti-social behaviour online using the link below:

Any information you provide will be held on a confidential database only for the purpose of reducing anti-social behaviour and in accordance with the Data Protection Act. It may be shared with partner agencies where necessary to prevent further crime and disorder.
In certain cases you may be required to fill in an Incident Log to record an accurate record of events. You can download an Incident Log below:

What we will do

We provide support and assistance to tenants who witness instances of harassment, anti-social behaviour, noise and nuisances.

We can take action on a wide range of behaviours which cause disruption, distress or harm to tenants. These include:

  • Violence or threats of violence
  • Abusive or insulting words or behaviour, including racist abuse
  • Property damage or the threat of damage, such as vandalism or graffiti
  • Excessive general noise such as shouting
  • Illegal activities such as drug use or prostitution
  • Inconsiderate behaviour such as fly-tipping or dogs fouling

Tenants are not only responsible for their own behaviour but also that of their visitors, children and pets.

We will endeavour to resolve the problem by speaking to or visiting the perpetrator.

Where necessary, we will liaise with other authorities, such as the Police.

Although we will always try to resolve problems through mediation, if the problem continues and there is enough evidence we may take action against the perpetrator under housing legislation.

Some instances of anti-social behaviour, such as statutory noise nuisance (like loud music) and abandoned vehicles are dealt with by other council sections.  Further details can be found via the links available on the right.

ASB promise to our customers

Anti-social behaviour policy

You can download our a copy of our anti-social behaviour policy in full below: