Your first point of contact for Council Services. The Customer Service Centre makes it easier for people to access information and advice about Council Services. The Centre is staffed by friendly and helpful Customer Service Advisers. You can contact the Council in languages other than English. Our officers have access to interpreting facilities.
Location map of the Council offices
In the case of an out-of-hours emergency for either Stevenage Borough Council please telephone (01438) 314963.
Monday to Friday
8am - 6pm
Visit in Person:
Monday to Friday
8:30am - 5:30pm
The walk-in centre closes at 1pm on the fourth Thursday of every month
Our Advisers will be able to provide assistance on:
- Making a payment for a Council service
- Council Tax discounts, exemptions and banding
- Advice on Housing/Council Tax Benefit and how to apply
- Reporting a Housing Repair
- General Housing Advice
- Advice for the homeless and those who are potentially homeless
- Junk Collection
- General Council services
Other services available in the centre:
- Free phone connection to an adviser for Rent and Council Tax balance.
- Self-service area where you can apply for services and view council information on-line. A member of staff will be on hand to help you, if required.
- Web access to Council, Homes4U and Hertfordshire County Council websites. You can also view your rent account online, if you have registered for an account or wish to register for an account.
- ATM Deposit Machine: You can deposit small amounts of cash or cheques for payment of some services; the exact amount is required as we are unable to give change.
The centre has full disabled access and facilities for customers with hearing or communication difficulties, including a loop system, Textphone, document reader and magnifiers. Advisers also have access to Language Line and other interpreting facilities.
We have appointments available, please ask a member of staff, or call us, to book one.
Customer toilet facilities
Customer and disabled toilet and nappy changing area are available. Please ask a member of staff if you wish to use these.
Some services require proof of identity and/or eligibility; please ensure you bring all appropriate documents with you.
Private interview facilities
Within the centre we have private areas that can be used if you wish to see a Customer Service Adviser in private.
If the service or information needed is not provided from the Customer Service Centre, ask a member of staff who will be pleased to help you.
Suggestions and complaints
If you would like to make any suggestions or comments about your centre please collect a comments/complaints leaflet, or use the touch screen customer consultation facility. There is also a feedback service available to telephone customers.
You may also contact the Customer Service Centre Manager at the address to the right of this page.