The Community Development team work with individuals and organisations to make a positive difference to the communities they are part of, and live in. We are a front line service working with community groups and different statutory bodies as well as councillors.
What we do
We provide a wide range of services:
- Co-ordinate a network of community centres.
- Offer projects for young people, including the Youth Council
- Support an older people's services
- Administer the Local Community Budget on behalf of Councillors
- Liaise with Voluntary and Community Groups to build networks and help them to deliver services
- Work with individual groups who are making a difference locally.
We are available for anyone who wants to run or develop a community project. we can help you discuss your aims and objectives, how to link to other groups and organisations, raise funds, or simply how to get started
How they are organised
We are organised into areas as well as themes. We work extensively with Young People, Older People and the Voluntary and Community sector. If you are unsure who to speak to, contact us and we will be able to help.
Martins Wood, Old Town, St Nicholas, Symonds Green and Woodfield
Fiona Rolfe – Bedwell, Chells, Manor and Pin Green
Mandy Williams – Bandley Hill, Longmeadow, Roebuck and Shephall
Fiona Rolfe - Older People
Mandy Williams - Young People