Winter Weather

Householder Planning Consent

This form should be used for proposals to alter or enlarge your house, including works within the boundary/garden area of your house. You will need to use the forms below for development projects which include the following:

  • Extensions;
  • Conservatories;
  • Loft conversions;
  • Dormer windows;
  • Garages, car ports and outbuildings;

Please note that planning permission is not needed for all household building works. This is because under current permitted development rules, you can carry out a number of household building work projects such as extensions, front porches, hardstanding area, sheds etc. providing that they meet certain limits and conditions. You can find out whether you need planning permission on our 'Do I need Planning Permission' provides further information. You can also seek pre-application advice from us before you submit an application to undertake any extension or alteration works to your property.

You can apply online for any household works at the National Planning Portal or you can download the relevant application forms below:

Householder planning consent

Householder planning consent – works or extension to a dwelling and demolition of unlisted building in a conservation area.

Householder planning consent – works or extension to a dwelling and listed building consent.

Information required to be submitted for full planning consent.

Please make sure you submit one original copy of the application form, together with one original copy of the plans and supporting information. You can also pay for your application by cheque, credit or debit card. For more information on this service, please visit our planning application fees and how to pay web page.

For information on ownership certificates or planning application fees, please visit the following webpages below:

You can also download the relevant Notices below:

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to download these documents. If you don’t have it you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.

Contact details

Development Management Team
Planning and Regulation
Stevenage Borough Council
Daneshill House

01438 242838